[ Top | Up |
Prev | Next |
Map | Index ]
What was new in version 4?
This section lists the new features which were in version 4 of analog.
- What's new in version 6?
- What was new in version 5?
- 4.16 (13-Feb-01)
- Security fix for buffer
Small correction to Brazilian Portuguese language file.
- 4.15 (01-Feb-01)
- Bug fixes for accented letters in dates and for EBCDIC character set.
- 4.14 (22-Jan-01)
- Commas are allowed in regular expressions.
Can do a FLOOR beyond Terabytes.
OS X & MPE/iX ports.
Bug fixes, especially for multibyte character sets.
Unprintable characters in the report are now replaced by '?'.
Traditional Chinese, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, US English
and corrected French domains files.
Rewrote the documentation on Cache
files. Added some new data to
How the Web Works.
- 4.13 (11-Oct-00)
- Corrected infelicity in compilation procedure.
- 4.12 (05-Oct-00)
- Recognises Windows Me for Operating System Report.
Can count beyond Terabytes.
PCRE code upgraded to version 3.4.
AS/400 port. Patches to compile cleanly on Cygwin and 64-bit Solaris.
Bulgarian and Croatian language files. Catalan and Finnish domains
Various bug fixes.
New Licence (mostly less restrictive than
the previous one).
- 4.11 (31-May-00)
- The default definition of "pages" is
now case insensitive, and also includes
Reads the extended logs from IIS 5 correctly.
Version number displayed before any warning or debugging messages.
The "number of days" at the top of the report now obeys
DECPOINT (and is also now to 2 decimal places).
Improved OpenVMS build procedure.
Hungarian and Romanian language files, and corrected Spanish
language files and English domains files.
Italian and Spanish form interfaces.
The FAQ now has a list of
- 4.1 (30-Mar-00)
- Regular expressions in ALIASes and INCLUDEs are
now available on all platforms.
Regular expressions are now Perl-syntax regular expressions.
(Thanks to Philip Hazel's PCRE
"Repeated fields" in logfile header lines are now allowed.
New output style PLAIN
(like ASCII but with accents). New language files for this.
In the computer-readable output,
hierarchical reports now have an extra column, indicating the depth of
the item in the hierarchy.
All referrers now count as "pages." (See
Configuration commands can be continued across lines with a
New token %s in
LOGFORMAT, allowing per-line selection of client-name and
New log format WEBSTAR-EXTENDED to allow for a small bug
in WebSTAR's implementation of the extended log format.
Korean language files. Also alternative Swedish translation.
- 4.04 (21-Mar-00)
- The analog home page has moved to
New column d in
The RUNTIME command now turns off the "Program
started at" line as well as the "Running Time" line.
Non-alphanumeric characters are now allowed in the
REPORTORDER as separators.
Correctly parses more APACHELOGFORMATs.
Better detection of Windows 2000 in Operating System Report.
Better warning messages when the erroneous command contains a space.
Code for NeXTSTEP operating system.
Better treatment of multibyte character sets.
Icelandic language files. Corrections to Bosnian, French, Italian,
Japanese & Swedish.
- 4.03 (21-Feb-00)
- Fixed several small bugs.
New command RUNTIME.
Brazilian Portuguese language files and Swedish domains files.
Corrections to Dutch.
- 4.02 (31-Jan-00)
- New command SEARCHCHARCONVERT.
Support for Apache's new %q code in
Fix for search reports causing crashes on Windows.
New language: Czech. Corrections for Serbian, Slovene and Ukrainian.
- 4.01 (17-Dec-99)
- New command USERCASE.
Some of the default paths have changed in anlghead.h.
Improvements to OpenVMS port.
Language files included for Armenian, Bosnian, Catalan,
traditional Chinese, Dutch, Finnish, German, Italian, Slovak, Slovene,
Spanish, Swedish & Ukrainian; corrections to Russian & Turkish.
- 4.0 (16-Nov-99)
- Simplified Chinese, Danish, Japanese, Portuguese & Serbian language
Otherwise only small changes since 3.90beta2.
- 3.90beta2 (02-Nov-99)
- It is now recommended that you don't run analog as a CGI program for
security reasons. (The CGI
command is still present, but it is now not documented.)
The Organisation Report is now
The Browser Summary is now arranged by major version number. (See
notes on upgrading.)
Non-exact bytes are now given to 3 decimal places.
GOTOS FEW puts the "Go
To" lines just at the top and bottom of the output.
PRINTVARS has been renamed
-settings output improved,
especially with OUTPUT NONE.
Split PAGEWIDTH into
Includes language files for French, Greek, Norwegian (Bokmål
& Nynorsk), Polish, Russian and Turkish.
New configuration file examples/big.cfg containing most
- 3.90beta1 (07-Oct-99)
- First beta test for version 4. The most important new features are:
- Five new reports: Organisation Report, Operating System Report,
Search Word Report, Search Query Report, Processing Time Report.
- Browser Summary improved (will change
- Form interface completely rewritten, and
- Multiple *'s now allowed on left-hand side of
- Regular expressions allowed in
- The output
INCLUDEs and EXCLUDEs now apply to the
lower levels of a hierarchical report
as well as the top level.
- New commands: CGI,
- New column N in most
- DEBUG C now reports
which part of a corrupt logfile line is corrupt.
- Non-exact bytes are now displayed as, e.g., 47.68 Mbytes instead of
48,832 kbytes. This should be less confusing.
- Timestamps added to
- The DNS file has a new time encoding.
- Header files split up to make anlghead.h simpler.
- Form interfaces in German and U.S. English included.
- New documentation about search arguments.
- New examples directory.
- New licence. (Nearly the same, just
clarified, and slightly loosened).
- What was new in version 3?
- What was new in version 2?
- What was new in version 1?
Go to the analog home page.
19 December 2004
Need help with analog? Use the analog-help
[ Top | Up |
Prev | Next |
Map | Index ]