Here are some quotes from users of the analog
program. All of them are unsolicited.
- Analog has been a savior for our hosting services. Because of its speed
and reliability, we can update clients' web stats daily with minimal
server loads. Many of our comptitors that don't use analog only update
stats pages monthly.
(Chris Haines, Top Floor
- I've found that analog is industrial strength. With it, we've
sailed easily through some 1.5Gb log files. (Christopher Caldwell)
- We get 2+ million hits a day. We have many different sections on our
site and our advertisers want stats for all these sections. Analog has
been a savior for me in getting those people the stats they need. We've
looked into other commercial log analyzers, but none seem to meet our
needs. Analog DOES!
(Craig Caroon, Nando.net).
- We own the machines on which the
BBC Networking Club runs and have
been using analog since it was first publicised. At the time,
I was having a nightmare trying to process the BBCNC's logs. Analog has
enabled us to hand the BBCNC's stats over to BBC staff.
- There's very little that Analog can't do... It compares favourably with
packages costing several hundred pounds.
- Every time I've gone to the read-me and wondered, "It would be great
if there was an option to do ...", the option was there. [...]
Another shining example of non-commercial software that
blows the doors off of software costing much, much more.
- I use about
half a dozen apps for measuring my traffic, and analog is by far
the least pretentious and most honest about what actually happened. And
of course it's by far the fastest I've seen. It takes a second to do
what Webtrends takes twenty minutes to do...
(Robert Rosenberg, Ariga).
- I find Analog very useful, as our log files are
something on the large side - analog didn't have any trouble with my
37-million lines of log I analysed last night - unlike some
of the more commercial analysers I've tried...
- Congrats on such a great program. It generated all possible reports of a
150 meg log file in 26 seconds. MarketWave's $10,000 garbage took almost
an hour to do the same thing.
- BTW....how come your program is so damn fast and those $300+ ones are
so slow? (Ian Lipsky)
- Just this morning on behalf of a client of ours that's a "household
name" here in the US, I read up on a rather costly package from
IBM, and was amazed to find that it offered very few features, if any,
that Analog doesn't already provide. (Dan Birchall,
Digital Facilities Management)
- I would like to thank you for a terrific product. We
use analog to provide stats for well over 10,000 domains. (Brad Bulkley,
New Dream Network).
- Everyone who is searching for a professional logfile
analyzer which beats the hell out of the rest, go and try this one.
Majesty Net Solutions GmbH)
- I always thought Analog was a great package, now it's really proved
itself...it took only 8 minutes to process 780Mb of log files, whereas
WebTrends has taken 1hour 40 minutes and it's still only managed to get through
37% of 780Mb. (Chris Plank, Scotland On Line)
- Love your stats analysing program! I tryed MKStats, Webtrends, Wusage, but
I must say yours is the best! (Peter Zhalov)
- While the reports generated by analog are not markedly different from
those created by other log analysis tools, analog is wonderfully easy to use,
offers a wealth of configuration options, and above all else, is fast. [...]
If you haven't
already settled on a log tool (and even if you have), take a moment to learn
more about analog. (Chuck Musciano, SunWorld Online Webmaster Column)
- Analog is an efficient, easily installed tool, and well worth trying.
- Recently I have had the chance to test out several commercial packages
that also tabulate statistics for web servers. Out of all of them (7
packages for Windows, Win95, OS/2, WinNT, et al) Yours is by far the
fastest and most configurable!
- It has been taking me several days to run stats for all my customers at
the end of the month. With Analog, that time was reduced to about 5
hours. Using wwwstat, some stat runs for individual customers
could take 12 hours to run. Analog has great value to me.
Delta Internet Services)
- Your program is incredible. Better than junk being sold for $5000.
(Bruce Appelt, Lasser Inc.)
- This was the first time I installed and compiled a public domain
program that didn't give any warning or error message during
- But the *fastest* by a _long_ shot! I got your program last,
compiled it last, ran it last, and the other ones are still
- GREAT tool! Compared to the other log file munchers I've seen,
analog is by far the fastest and most useful! If you're ever in
New York City, I'll gladly buy you a few pints.
Go to the analog home page.
Need help with analog? Use the
analog-help mailing list.
Stephen Turner, ClickTracks web analytics
Page last modified: 15-Jun-04